I frankly don’t know why I am walking home today. Maybe the following are the reason as to why I walked home today.
- May be I had forgotten how it felt to really reach home. I had been reaching home so easily every day that it had become just another place to go but not a home.
- May be it was the last wish of the dying bird I saw on the way that I should bear witness to her death.
- May be the rock on the sideway was feeling cold in this winter night and it wanted me to warm it up as I sat when my leg got tired of walking.
- Maybe I wanted to write a poem on walking home
- Maybe I wanted to piss off my mother for it was getting late and my cell phone’s battery was also down.
- May be I wanted to see how it felt to stand on the gate of an unknown apartment building at 11pm, exhausted and thirsty.
- May be I wanted to escape a near death experience
- May be I wanted to cross a red light for once
- May be I wanted to count the number of steps from my college to my home
- May be I wanted to know if my legs would go numb after walking 20KM straight
- Maybe I wanted to feel the urge when the busses to my home stopped right in front of me and I couldn’t board them because I had no change
- Wait if I had money I could have taken an auto or a taxi. Then why didn’t I? Why am I walking home? No I did not have any money that day.
- Maybe I wanted to feel the urge when the busses to my home stopped right in front of me and I couldn’t board them because I had no money
Finally I reached home and rung the doorbell. It was a strange lady who opened the door. Shit! This is not my house nor is she my mother.